Content.ad is a performance-based network and our algorithms promote content based on eCPM, which is a combination of the CPC (cost per click) and CTR (click through rate). The more competitive your CPC and CTR, the more volume your campaigns will receive.
Increasing your CPC is the single most important factor to boost traffic volume for your campaign. To increase your traffic volume, adjust your CPC with a significant increase, rather than an incremental increase. Due to network competition, significant CPC increases produce quicker results and more data, which increases the efficiency in optimizing campaigns.
We suggest increasing your CPC by $0.05 or more to give your campaigns the best opportunity to increase traffic volume. Consider increasing the CPC until you see a change in traffic volume and continue to make adjustments as needed.
When adjusting CPCs, allow up to 24 hours for the algorithms to test the change throughout the network for best results. Reducing the CPC within 24 hours after an increase will negatively impact the ability to increase traffic volume.
The best practice to improve the CTR is to test unique headlines and images for each creative. Avoid only testing the same headlines with a few image variations, or vice versa. Also, avoid testing too many creatives at one time. Ideally, you should test no more than 3 to 5 creatives at a given time for best results.
Other Factors to Consider
Keep in mind that a number of factors may impact the volume your campaigns receive, including:
- Your Daily and Total Budgets
- Consider a larger Daily and Total Budget to give campaigns the opportunity to scale when adjusting campaign settings.
- Geo and Device Targeting
- Avoid testing only one Geo or Device if your campaigns accept traffic in other Geo’s and for other Device types.
- Limiting Geo and Device targeting to fewer than two countries or devices may negatively impact your traffic volume in the network due to the performance variances between Geo’s and Devices. (The exception is if the campaign is only approved to run in a single geo and on a particular device type.)
- Network Competition
- The network changes dynamically as advertisers adjust campaign settings, so if the adjustments don’t result in an increase in traffic volume, then the changes did not improve campaign performance metrics enough to warrant the increase in traffic.
- Consider increasing the CPC and creating new ad variations until you see an increase in traffic volume.