Campaign performance can be affected by a number of factors, but following some simple guidelines can significantly impact your ability to reach your audience and increase your click-through-rate.
- Be brief. Content belongs on your page, not in your headline. Headlines that only contain a few words often perform better than more elaborate ones. Headlines must be 60 characters or less.
- Be informative. Try to phrase your headlines in a way that indicates to readers that your content is informative and interesting. You can phrase your headline as a question or as “how to” statements. Let the reader know that your content is informative and/or helpful.
- Be honest. Honestly promoting your content ensures you reach your intended audience and increases conversion rates on your site.
- Use Crisp, Clean photos. Photos of people or products are more engaging and perform better than graphics or diagrams.
- Customize them. An image that looks great splashed across the top of your article might not be very clear as a smaller square image in a widget. Pick simple, sharp images that look great as small as 80 pixels wide.
- Make them big! To reach the widest possible audience, use the largest images allowed (300×250 pixels). This ensures that your content is compatible with every available ad placement, including ones that draw the most attention to your content.